From FamilySearch Wiki
|Missouri Wiki Topics|
|Local Research Resources|
- U.S., Internal Revenue Assessment Lists, 1862-1874 Images only.
- FamilySearch.org (microfilm and online index)
- Missouri State Archives (index)
- Missouri Digital Heritage.
Many tax assessment books of Missouri counties have been preserved. The original records are generally at the county courthouses.
- Many county tax records are available at the Family History Library. To access these FHL records use the Place-names Search for:
MISSOURI,[COUNTY] - TAXATION
- Missouri Secretary of State
Index of records available on microfilm in the Research Room, including tax records for each county.