Mississippi County, Missouri Genealogy
- This article is about a southeastern county of Missouri. For other uses, see Mississippi (disambiguation).
Guide to Mississippi County Missouri genealogy. Birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, family history, and military records.
|Mississippi County, Missouri|
Location of Missouri in the U.S.
|Founded||February 14, 1845|
|Address|| Missippi County Courthouse|
PO Box 304;
Charleston, MO 63834-0304
Mississippi County Website
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places/Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
Clerk Circuit Court has marriage, divorce and court records;
Probate Judge has probate records County Recorder has
has land records
- See an interactive map of Mississippi County border changes at N2Genealogy.
- The State Historical Society of Missouri has information on historical Missouri place names for all 114 Missouri Counties.
- Alexander County, Illinois
- Ballard County, Kentucky
- Carlisle County, Kentucky
- Fulton County, Kentucky
- Hickman County, Kentucky
- New Madrid
- Map of Mississippi County townships (Histopolis)
- The University of Missouri Digital Library has digital copies of Missouri county plat books (ca. 1930) for all Missouri counties including Mississippi County. The city of St. Louis is not included in this collection.
Civil War Battle
The following Civil War Battle was fought in Mississippi County
Map showing Civil War battles in Missouri
- Missouri State Archives provides on-line access to Missouri Death Certificates more than 50 yrs old starting in 1910.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Mississippi County, Missouri. Page 403 At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
- Heritage Preservation Services, Civil War Battle Summaries by State, (accessed 9 August 2012)