Mississippi County, Arkansas Genealogy
From FamilySearch Wiki
Revision as of 04:39, 10 November 2010 by Evancol
- This article is about a northeastern county of Arkansas. For other uses, see Mississippi (disambiguation).
|Mississippi County, Arkansas|
Location in the state of Arkansas
Location of Arkansas in the U.S.
|Founded||November 1, 1833|
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places/Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
- 1833--Mississippi County was created 1 November 1833 from Crittenden County. County seat: Blytheville 
- Dunklin County, Missouri
- Dyer County, Tennessee
- Lauderdale County, Tennessee
- Pemiscot County, Missouri
- Shelby County, Tennessee
- Tipton County, Tennessee
Societies and Libraries
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- MississippiCounty, Arkansas Genealogy and Family History (Linkpendium)
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).