Mission Viejo California Family History Center
From FamilySearch Wiki
Revision as of 00:10, 4 January 2012 by Paxtondlockhart
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
- 1 The Mission Viejo Family History Center serves a major portion of South Orange County, California. All are welcome and our services are free.
- 3 Free Genealogy Classes
- 4 Location & Map:
- 5 Center Contacts and Hours
- 6 Center Resources
- 7 Center Services
The Mission Viejo Family History Center serves a major portion of South Orange County, California. All are welcome and our services are free.
Free Genealogy Classes
Where:Misssion Viejo Family History Center
When:Thursday January 12th, 19th and 26th at 7:00 PM
Sign Up: Call 949-582-0285 or email email@example.com
Location & Map:
Address: 27976 Marguerite Parkway, Mission Viejo, California.
- Corner of Marguerite Parkway and Hillcrest. Enter at the rear of the building - left hand door.
- Location on Map.
Center Contacts and Hours
Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday 9:30 AM to 4:30 PM and 6:00 PM to 9:00 PM
Saturday: 9:30 AM to 1:00 PM
- April 7 -- General Confeence
- May 26 -- Memorial Day
- July 4 -- Independence Day
- August 14-28 -- Summer Vacation
- September 1 -- Labor Day
- October 6 -- General Conference
- November 20-26 -- Thanksgiving Week
- December 18- January 1 -- Christmas and New Years
- Family History Library Catalog:This center has the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the Family History Library Catalog.
- (List additional collections you have such as the types of books and microfilm you have on indefinite loan; though you will not want to list every single item you have. Just give visitors to this page a general idea of your resources.)
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal:This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.This includes the following:
- 19th Century British Newspapers Archive
Hardware and Equipment
- 8 Computers with Internet access
- 6 Microfilm Readers
- 2 Microfiche Readers
- 1 Digital Imaging System
- Microfilm and Microfiche Scanner
- Flatbed Scanner
- Provide Research Help. We do not perform the research for patrons, but we answer questions and suggest possible sources and research strategies.
- Provide Training.
- Assist in cleaning up data files.
- Provide Service Opportunities for volunteers.
- Visit the center any time during our open hours. We will be glad to acquaint you with our resources and equipment.