Miranda California Family History Center
|This Family History Center article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
Review the instructions and guidelines for FHC pages.
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
Center Contacts and Hours
Location & Map:
- 250 School Road, Miranda, CA -- 1/4 mile from Avenue of the Giants (road is next to South Fork High School).'(Link to map usingGoogle or other map sites)
Open Hours: Thursday, 4-8 pm and Saturday, 1-4 pm and other hours by appointment.
Holiday Schedule: Closed on Holidays
Calendar and Events
Staff Training Meetings
- Family History Library Catalog: This center has the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the Family History Library Catalog.
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal: This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions. Hardware and Equipment
- One computer for on-line work and one for off-line work with various software programs.
- One Reader/Printer for both microfilm and microfiche
- 4 microfiche readers
- 3 microfilm readers
Staff Research Specialties
Center Director, Mary Whitmore, specializes in Native American research, and has experience in Arkansas, Texas, and Tennessee research.
Consultant, Marling McReynolds, specializes in use of the computer especially Google searches, etc.
Resources in the Local Area
Humboldt County Library in Eureka, CA has the Humboldt Room, with genealogical and historic resources especially for this area.
Humboldt County Libraries have access to the Sutro Library in San Francisco, which is an exceptional collection of genealogical materials.
Volunteer at the Center
If you live in the Southern Humboldt area of Northern California and need help with your research or wish to volunteer please come in or give us a call; Mary Whitmore 707-943-3403 or Marling McReynolds 707-223-0641.