Milwaukee Wisconsin North Family History Center
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
We are located in the heart of Brookfield, Wisconsin, just north of Bluemound on Woelfel Road. We have access through microfilm, microfiche and free computer programs to all the resources of the Salt Lake Family History Library. We have a competent staff who have a wealth of knowledge about family history and are anxious to help any patrons who come in and request assistance. Our family history center includes microfilm and microfiche readers and printer, computers available for your use, an ever expanding permanent collection and reference books to aid patrons. Our center is known for its friendliness, helpfulness and kindness. We are happy to welcome all to our family history center.
- 1 Center Contacts and Hours
- 2 Calendar and Events
- 3 Center Resources
- 4 Center Services
- 5 Resources in the Local Area Links
Center Contacts and Hours
Location & Map:
- Adress: 755 N. Woelfel Road, Brookfield, WI 53045
- We are located in an LDS Church. Please enter on the south side. Ample parking is provided.
- Location on Map
Phone: 262-641-7408 or 262-784-9280
- Tue, Wed, Thur; 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Wed. Eve: 6:30-9:00 p.m.
- Sat: 1-4 p.m.
- Other hours by appointment
Holiday Schedule: Closed November 21, 2012 through November 26 for Thanksgiving Closed December 21, 2012 through January 1, 2013 for Christmas. Open again January 2, 2013 on our regular schedule.
Calendar and Events
Staff Training Meetings: 3rd Thursday of each month, except summer
- Family History Library Catalog: This center has the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the Family History Library Catalog.
- We have microfilm and microfiche readers and printer, 6 computers, copier, etc.
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
Hardware and Equipment
- We have 4 microfilm/microfiche readers, a state of the art scanner/printer, 6 computers and a number of reference books to assist patrons. We also have numerous helps such as language word lists, census sheets, research outlines, etc.
Staff Research Specialties
We have a staff member who is skilled in German translation. We also have an expert in Wisconsin genealogy.
Resources in the Local Area Links
Other resources in the area are the Milwaukee Public Library, the Milwaukee and Waukesha County Court Houses, Milwaukee County Historical Society, Waukesha County Genealogical Society, Waukesha County Historical Society, the Golda Meir Library on the UW Milwaukee college campus. Volunteer at the Center
We are always looking for people who can translate Polish and German into English. Occasionally we could use someone who can translate Russian into English.