Mills County, Texas Genealogy
Adopted by Mills County TXGenWeb
- 1 History
- 2 Places / Localities
- 3 Resources
- 4 Societies and Libraries
- 5 Web Sites
- 6 References
The first white settlers arrived in 1856 and established Hanna Valley.
Mills county was formed from Brown, Comanche, Hamilton, and Lampasas Counties in 1887.The county was named in honor of John T. Mills, a early Judge, who successively held the judgeship of the Third, Seventh, and Eighth Judicial districts. Mills county Court house is located in Goldthwaite, Mills County, Texas. According to the Mills County Historical The town was named for Joe G. Goldthwaite, the railroad official who conducted the auction of town lots.
Places / Localities
Mills County Seat - Goldthwaite
Mills County Cemetery List - Mills County TXGenWeb
TX Tombstone Project - TXGenWeb
Churches of Mills County - Mills County TXGenWeb
- Texas Counties Map. Click on the county to go to the Texas Genweb site
- 1895 Atlas - USGenWeb
- Historical Maps of Texas - Perry Castaneda Library
- Texas Death Index 1964 to 1998 [no images] Name index to Texas Statewide Death Certificates or four million people who have died since 1964.
- Texas Death Records 1890 – 1976 [with images]
Name index and images of statewide death certificates, 1890-1976. The name index has been created by FamilySearch and is tied to images of the Texas death certificates. Few certificates are available prior to 1903.
- Affidavit for Marriage 1893 - 1906 - Mills County TXGenWeb
Societies and Libraries
- Mills County - part of TXGenWeb
- TEXAS GenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the county
- Family History Library Catalog
- USGenWeb Archives - Mills County
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).