Miller (Old) County, Arkansas Genealogy
From FamilySearch Wiki
Revision as of 21:54, 1 November 2010 by Murphynw (adoption sign)
- Miller County was created 1 April 1820 from Hempstead County.
- It included much of the present-day state of Texas.
- On 17 October 1828, a part was set off to form Sevier County.
- Miller County was dissolved when the county was split to form Red River and Fannin counties in 1838, when Texas was still part of Arkansas.
- The newer Miller County was organized from Lafayette County 22 December 1874.
- 1820 Census for old Miller County is missing.