Difference between revisions of "Miller (Old) County, Arkansas Genealogy"
From FamilySearch Wiki
(It didn't include "much of texas" rather the majority of what it was, was in what is now texas)
m (added category)
|Line 14:||Line 14:|
Revision as of 15:23, 18 June 2013
- Miller County was created 1 April 1820 from Hempstead County.
- The majority of it was in the present-day state of Texas.
- On 17 October 1828, a part was set off to form Sevier County.
- Miller County was dissolved when the county was split to form Red River and Fannin counties in 1838, when Texas was still part of Arkansas.
- The newer Miller County was organized from Lafayette County 22 December 1874.
- 1820 Census for old Miller County is missing.