Middlesex County, New Jersey Genealogy
From FamilySearch Wiki
Revision as of 22:46, 7 May 2009 by DiltsGD (New Brunswick)
|This article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
Please review the contributor help to assist you in editing.
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places/Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
- 1675, original part of East Jersey
- 1 March 1683, created as a county from the Colonial lands. 
- 26 May 1688, part taken for Somerset County.
- 1710, some boundary changes
- 1714, part of Somerset County taken back
- 1790, some boundary changes with Somerset County
- 1822, water boundary established
- 22 February 1838, West Windsor and part of East Windsor twps. to Mercer County.
- 1844, part of Monroe twp. to Monmouth County
- 1844, part of Monroe twp. to Monmouth County and returned in 1845
- 1847, piece of Monroe twp. to Monmouth County
- 1850, part of Franklin twp. of Somerset County to North Brunswick twp.; water boundary clarified
- 1855, some changes to boundary with Somerset County and again in 1858
- 1860, part of Woodbridge twp. to Rahway, Union County
- 1871, boundary with Plainfield, Union County changed
- 1878, boundary at Kingston, Somerset County clarified
- 1892, water boundary further clarified
- 1939, land to Matawan, Monmouth County.
LDS Ward and Branch Records
- New Brunswick
Societies and Libraries
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), 181. [FHL book 973 D27e 2002]. Cite error: Invalid
<ref>tag; name "HBG" defined multiple times with different content Cite error: Invalid
<ref>tag; name "HBG" defined multiple times with different content