Miami County, Ohio Genealogy
|Miami County, Ohio|
Location of Ohio in the U.S.
|Created||1 April, 1807|
|Address|| Miami County Courthouse|
215 W. Main St.
Troy, Ohio 45373-3263
Miami County Website
- 1 Historical Facts
- 2 Resources
- 2.1 Bible Records
- 2.2 Biography
- 2.3 Cemeteries
- 2.4 Census
- 2.5 Church Records
- 2.6 Court Records
- 2.7 Emigration and Immigration
- 2.8 Ethnic, Political, or Religious Groups
- 2.9 Gazetteers
- 2.10 Genealogy
- 2.11 History
- 2.12 Local Histories
- 2.13 Land and Property
- 2.14 Maps
- 2.15 Military
- 2.16 Naturalization and Citizenship
- 2.17 Newspapers
- 2.18 Obituaries
- 2.19 Periodicals
- 2.20 Probate
- 2.21 Public Records
- 2.22 Repositories
- 2.23 Schools
- 2.24 Taxation
- 2.25 Vital Records
- 3 Web Sites
- 4 Places
- 5 References
|Beginning dates for major county records|
|*For earlier dates, try... Church | Obituaries | Cemeteries|
- Parent Counties: Formed from Montgomery County 16 January 1807.
- County Seat: Troy
- Neighboring Counties: Miami County, Ohio Genealogy residents may also have records in Shelby (north) · Montgomery (south) · Darke (west) · Champaign and Clark (east)
See an interactive map of Miami County boundary changes.
Biographical Sketches and Stories of Miami County Ohio - People, places, and things. Indexed by surname
Miami County Cemetery and Gravestone Inscriptions. A list of burial places in Miami County for which inscriptions have been copied.
- Bethel Cemebery, Tipp City Ohio
- Casstown Cemetery, Casstown
- Curtis Union Cemetery, West Milton
- Riverside Cemetery, Troy
An Index to Court Records from the Miami County Courthouse and other locations containing Probate Court Index, Deeds Index, Marriage Index, Children's Home records, Pauper's Records, etc.
Emigration and Immigration
Ethnic, Political, or Religious Groups
Miami Valley Genealogy Index is an Index to more than a half million pointers to records all over Miami Valley not just Miami County, Ohio.
Histories of Miami County for 1846, 1880, 1909, 1920 and Randolph Slaves.
The History of Miami County, Ohio, published 1880, W. H. Beers & Co. is available at FamilySearch.
Land and Property
Township Maps of the 12 townships along with census indexes and historical descriptions.
- Military Records of Miami County.
Civil War, 1861-1865
Civil War service men from Miami County served in various regiments. Men often joined a company (within a regiment) that originated in their county. Listed below are companies that were specifically formed in Miami County.
- - 1st Regiment, Ohio Cavalry, Company I
Naturalization and Citizenship
Marriage and Birth notices from Newspapers
Family History Centers
The following public libraries in Miami County have collections of particular interest to genealogists.
- Local History Library
Troy-Miami County Public Library
419 W. Main St.
Troy, Ohio 45373
Telephone: (937) 339-0502
The collections include books, maps, microfilm, newspapers, and several original local records with internet access to sites with additional records.
Early Tax and Census records 1810-1840 period.
Ohio Deaths, 1908-1953 Free name indexes and images at FamilySearch. Records include such information as birth date of deceased, city, county, and state of death, name of spouse if married, names of parents, maiden name of mother, name of informant, if deceased was single, married, windowed or divorced, occupation of deceased.
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- Miami County, Ohio site has many links to court records, newspapers, histories of the county, etc.
- Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), [FHL book 973 D27e 2002].
- Wikipedia contributors, "Miami County, Ohio" in Wikipedia: the Free Encyclopedia at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miami_County,_Ohio (accessed 10 May 2012).