Miami County, Kansas Genealogy
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places/Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
Miami County; 201 S Pearl St Ste 102; Paola, KS 66071; Ph. 913.294.3976 Details: (Formerly Lykins Co. Name changed to Miami 3 June 1861) (Reg of Deeds has land rec from 1857; Pro Ct has pro & m rec from 1857, b & d rec; Clk Dis Ct has ct & nat rec)
1855--Lykins County was created 30 August 1855. Name changed in 1861 to Miami County. County seat: Paola 
During the Civil War men from this county enlisted in the 15th Regiment, Kansas Cavalry, Company C.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- Miami County, Kansas Genealogy and Family History (Linkpendium)
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).