Difference between revisions of "Mexico, Oaxaca, Catholic Church Records (FamilySearch Historical Records)"
m (→Related Wiki Articles: Fixed Redirect)
m (Added locality breadcrumbs)
|Line 1:||Line 1:|
Revision as of 21:14, 30 April 2016
|This article describes a collection of historical records available at FamilySearch.org.|
Access the records: Mexico, Oaxaca, Catholic Church Records, 1559-1988 .
- 1 Title in the Language of the Records
- 2 Record Description
- 3 Record Content
- 4 How to Use the Records
- 5 Known Issues with This Collection
- 6 Related Websites
- 7 Related Wiki Articles
- 8 How You Can Contribute
- 9 Citations for This Collection
Title in the Language of the Records
Registros Paroquiales de la Iglesia Católica del Estado de Oaxaca, México
This collection of Catholic Church records, such as baptisms, marriages, deaths, and burials from the State of Oaxaca includes the years 1559 to 1988. These records are written in Spanish.
For additional details about the history of these records and help using them, see the wiki article Mexico Catholic Church Records (FamilySearch Historical Records).
|You can browse through images in this collection by visiting the browse page for Mexico, Oaxaca, Catholic Church Records, 1559-1988.|
Baptism and confirmation records may contain the following:
- Date and place baptism or confirmation
- Child's name and gender
- Child's date and place of birth
- Names of the parents
- Names of paternal grandparents
- Names of maternal grandparents
Marriage records may contain the following:
- Date and place of marriage
- Names of the bride and groom
- Groom's age and civil status
- Name of groom's father and statement of consent
- Father's age, origin, residence and religion
- Bride's age and civil status
- Name of bride's father and statement of consent
- Father's age, origin, residence and religion
- Witnesses' names
Death records may contain the following:
- Name and age of deceased
- Date and place of death
- Cause of death
- Spouse's name, if married
- Parents' names
How to Use the Records
Search the Collection
To browse the collection by image:
⇒ Select the "Browse" link in the initial search page
⇒ Select the "City or Town"
⇒ Select the "Parish"
⇒ Select the "Record Type and Years" which takes you to the images.
Search the collection by image comparing the information with what you already know about your ancestors to determine which one is your ancestor. You may need to compare the information about more than one person to make this determination.
For Help Reading These Records
These records are in Spanish. For help reading the records, see the following resources:
- Mexico Language and Languages
- Spanish Genealogical Word List
- BYU Spanish Script Tutorial
- FamilySearch Learning Center videos:
|FHL Place Mexico, Oaxaca items or FHL Keyword Mexico, Oaxaca items in the FamilySearch Library Catalog. For other libraries (local and national) or to gain access to items of interest, see Mexico Archives and Libraries.|
Known Issues with This Collection
| Problems with this collection?|
See a list of known issues, workarounds, tips, restrictions, future fixes, news and other helpful information.
For a full list of all known issues associated with this collection see the attached article. If you encounter additional problems, please email them to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the full path to the link and a description of the problem in your e-mail. Your assistance will help ensure that future reworks will be considered.
Related Wiki Articles
- Mexico Church Records
- Mexico Catholic Church Records (FamilySearch Historical Records)
How You Can Contribute
| We welcome user additions to FamilySearch Historical Records wiki articles. We are looking for additional information that will help readers understand the topic and better use the available records. We also need translations for collection titles and images in articles about records written in languages other than English. For specific needs, please visit WikiProject FamilySearch Records. |
Please follow these guidelines as you make changes. Thank you for any contributions you may provide.
Citations for This Collection
Citing your sources makes it easy for others to find and evaluate the records you used. When you copy information from a record, list where you found that information. Here you can find citations already created for the entire collection and for each individual record or image.
- "Mexico, Oaxaca, Catholic Church Records, 1559-1988." Database with images. FamilySearch. http://FamilySearch.org : accessed 2016. Parroquias Católicas, Oaxaca (Catholic Church parishes, Oaxaca).
Record Citation (or citation for the index entry):