Meridian Idaho East Family History Center
|This Family History Center article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
Review the instructions and guidelines for FHC pages.
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
Center Contacts and Hours
Location & Map:
- 11443 McMillan Rd., Boise, Idaho 83713
- Entry is at the back of the meetinghouse.
- Link to map of the Meridian East Family History Center
Phone: (208) 376-0452
Open Hours: Mon. 3 pm - 5 pm, Tues. - Thurs. 9 am - 3 pm, 7 pm - 9:30 pm
Holiday Schedule: Closed week of Thanksgiving and the last 2 weeks of December.
Calendar and Events
Staff Training Meetings
Family History Library Catalog: This center has the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the Family History Library Catalog.
- Our library has over 1,000 microfiche & microfilm on permanent loan for patrons to use.
Library Resources: Our bookshelves contain all of the basic genealogy resources, as well as historic maps several volumes of special interest for those with pioneer ancestry. They include:
"The Handybook for Genealogists"
"Crash Course in Family History"
"The Census Book" by Dollarhide
"Pioneers and Prominent Men of Utah"
"Pioneer Women of Faith and Fortitude" - 4 volume set
Databases and Software
- Software installed on our computers include: PAF, Rootsmagic, Legacy, and Animap
FHC Portal: This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions. These premium sites include:
- 19th Century British Library Newspaper Digital Archive
- Access Newspaper Archive
- Alexander Street Press - The American Civil War
- Find My Past
- Fold3 (formerly Footnote)
- The Genealogist (British Ressearch)
- Godfrey Memorial Library
- Heritage Quest Online
- World Vital Records
Hardware and Equipment
- This center has 8 computers with high-speed internet, microfilm readers, microfiche readers, and a digital microfilm & microfiche scanner and printer.
Staff Research Specialties
Resources in the Local Area
(This section is to highlight other resources in your area that will be helpful for individuals doing research there in your location, if there are any, such as government offices, historical societies, etc.)
(Include links to other websites of interest to those who visit your center such as links to the city, county and state wiki pages where your center is located.)