Difference between revisions of "McLennan County, Texas Genealogy"
(Added nav bar)
|Line 70:||Line 70:|
Revision as of 04:19, 18 October 2010
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places / Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
The area was originally part of the Robertson Colony but was occupied exclusively by Waco Indians in the 1802's and 1830's. A trading post was set up near the present site of Waco in 1842.
Places / Localities
Cities and Towns: Bellmead | Beverly Hills | Bruceville-Eady | Gholston |, Hewitt | Lacy-Lakeview | Leroy | Lorena | Mart | McGregor | Robinson | Ross | Waco | West | Woodway |Crawford | Moody | Commanche Springs | Tours
Texas Counties Map. Click on the county to go to the Texas Genweb site
- Texas Death Index 1964 to 1998 [no images] Name index to Texas Statewide Death Certificates or four million people who have died since 1964.
- Texas Death Records 1890 – 1976 [with images]
Name index and images of statewide death certificates, 1890-1976. The name index has been created by FamilySearch and is tied to images of the Texas death certificates. Few certificates are available prior to 1903.
Societies and Libraries
- TEXAS GenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the county.
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).