McIntosh County, North Dakota Genealogy
McIntosh County, North Dakota genealogy and family history research page. Guide to genealogy, history, and courthouse sources including birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, wills, deeds and land records, Civil War records, family histories, cemeteries, churches, tax records, newspapers, and obituaries.
|McIntosh County, North Dakota|
Location in the state of North Dakota
Location of North Dakota in the U.S.
|Founded||March 9, 1883|
|Address|| McIntosh County Courthouse|
112 NE 1st Street
Ashley, ND 58413
McIntosh County Website
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places/Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
Clerk District Court has birth and death from 1899,
marriage recordsfrom 1885, probate records from 1889,
court and divorce records from 1937 and military discharge
records from 1943; Register of Deeds has land records
State Hist Soc has naturalization records
Cemetery transcriptions for cemeteries in McIntosh County, providing name, date of birth, and date of death where available
Probate records, including wills and estates, are at the county clerk's office. See also North Dakota Probate Records.
Birth, marriage, death, and divorce records may be recorded on registers, certificates, or other documents at the county clerk's office. Many records are also being digitized and put online. See North Dakota Vital Records for more information about availability and how to access them.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- McIntosh County, North Dakota Genealogy and Family History (Linkpendium)
- Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), McIntosh County, North Dakota. Page 524 At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).