Maryland in the War of 1812
From FamilySearch Wiki
Revision as of 20:50, 23 May 2012 by Cgmills (added sources and links)
During the War of 1812, Maryland supplied 46,119 infantry men, 3,323 cavalry men, 3,106 artillery men, and 111 men in miscellaneous troops for a total of 52,659 men.
- Google Ebook and Internet Archives, Marine, William M. The British Invasion of Maryland 1812 – 1815 includes Maryland roster of military units, a 310 page Appendix featuring an alphabetical list of military personnel (p.199) and 11,000 Name Index with links (p. 509).
- General Society of the War of 1812, The Constitution and Register of Membership of the General Society of the War of 1812 to October 1, 1899], Philadelphia, Dewey & Eakens, Makers 1899. Family Search. FHL Digital Bookcontains registers for eight states and District of Columbia. Descendant Members of the Maryland Society identifies veteran ancestor by name, his rank, unit in which he served, dates of service, etc., page 101.
- Ancestry, War of 1812 Service Records ($), (accessed 11 May 2012). This database gives name, company, rank at time of induction and at time of discharge of men mustered into the armed forces between 1812 and 1825.
- Militia. Wright, F. Edward, Maryland militia, War of 1812, (Silver Spring, Maryland 1979-). Contents: vol. 1. Eastern Shore -- v. 2. Baltimore -- v. 3. Cecil and Harford counties -- v. 4. Anne Arundel and Calvert -- v. 5. St. Marys and Charles counties -- v. 6. Prince George's County -- v. 7. Montgomery County. FHL book 975.2 M2w and CD-ROM no. 3260
- Militia. Huntsberry, Thomas V and Joanne M Huntsberry, Western Maryland, Pennsylvania, Virginia militia in defense of Maryland, 1805 to 1815 (Baltimore, Maryland: T V Huntsberry, 1983) pages 182 FHL Book 975.M2
- Light Dragoons. War of 1812 Maryland Light Dragoons, history, lists the regiments and companies with the counties the men were from.
- Privateers. Huntsberry, Thomas V., Maryland Privateers, War of 1812, (Baltimore, Maryland, 1983), 88 pages. FHL book 975.2 M2h v. 2
Prisoners of War
- Huntsberry, Thomas V and Joanne M Huntsberry, Dartmoor Prison (Baltimore, Maryland, 1984) pages 85 Maryland and Dartmoor and Devon England and Maryland.)
- Huntsberry, Thomas V and Joanne M Huntsberry, North Point (Baltimore, Maryland, J Mart, 1985) pages 122 FHL 975.2 M2
- Blizzard, Dennis F. and Thomas L. Hollowak, A chronicle of War of 1812 soldiers, seamen and marines, (Baltimore, Maryland: Society of the War of 1812 in Maryland, copyright 1993) pages 138 ] FHL Book 975.2 M2
- Maryland Historical Society, Source Guide to the War of 1812 is an inventory of the society’s library items and archival collections related to the War of 1812.
- Wesley Potter Kremer. 100 Great Battles of the Rebellion;...Also, All the Battles of the Revolution, War of 1812-5, Mexican War, Indian Battles, American-Spanish War, and Naval Battles. (Hoboken, N.J.: s.n., 1906), p. 326. Internet Archive.