Maryland in the War of 1812
From FamilySearch Wiki
Revision as of 02:10, 18 May 2012 by MarkhamMJ (organizing)
During the War of 1812, Maryland supplied 46,119 infantry men, 3,323 cavalry men, 3,106 artillery men, and 111 men in miscellaneous troops for a total of 52,659 men.
- Militia. Wright, F. Edward, Maryland militia, War of 1812, (Silver Spring, Maryland 1979-). Contents: vol. 1. Eastern Shore -- v. 2. Baltimore -- v. 3. Cecil and Harford counties -- v. 4. Anne Arundel and Calvert -- v. 5. St. Marys and Charles counties -- v. 6. Prince George's County -- v. 7. Montgomery County. FHL book 975.2 M2w and CD-ROM no. 3260
- Militia. Huntsberry, Thomas V and Joanne M Huntsberry, Western Maryland, Pennsylvania, Virginia militia in defense of Maryland, 1805 to 1815 (Baltimore, Maryland: T V Huntsberry, 1983) pages 182 FHL Book 975.M2
- Light Dragoons. War of 1812 Maryland Light Dragoons, history, lists the regiments and companies with the counties the men were from.
- Privateers. Huntsberry, Thomas V., Maryland Privateers, War of 1812, (Baltimore, Maryland, 1983), 88 pages. FHL book 975.2 M2h v. 2
Prisoners of War
- Huntsberry, Thomas V and Joanne M Huntsberry, Dartmoor Prison (Baltimore, Maryland, 1984) pages 85 Maryland and Dartmoor and Devon England and Maryland.)
- Huntsberry, Thomas V and Joanne M Huntsberry, North Point (Baltimore, Maryland, J Mart, 1985) pages 122 FHL 975.2 M2
- Blizzard, Dennis F. and Thomas L. Hollowak, A chronicle of War of 1812 soldiers, seamen and marines, (Baltimore, Maryland: Society of the War of 1812 in Maryland, copyright 1993) pages 138 ] FHL Book 975.2 M2
- Wesley Potter Kremer. 100 Great Battles of the Rebellion;...Also, All the Battles of the Revolution, War of 1812-5, Mexican War, Indian Battles, American-Spanish War, and Naval Battles. (Hoboken, N.J.: s.n., 1906), p. 326. Internet Archive.