Martin County, Texas Genealogy
Guide to Martin County Texas genealogy. Birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, family history, and military records.
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places / Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
The first settlers arrived in 1881.
1876--Martin County was created 21 August 1876 from Bexar Land District. County seat: Stanton 
Places / Localities
- Martin County Cemeteries from the Texas Tombstone Project
- Martin County Cemeteries from the TXGenWeb site
- Martin County Cemeteries from Cemeteries-of-Texas
- Martin County Cemeteries Maps, transcriptions and more
- Martin County: The First Thirty Years by Pat W. Hull and Fay E. Smithson (Hereford, Texas: Pioneer, 1970)
- Martin County, Texas by the Martin County Historical Commission (Dallas: Taylor, 1979)
- Martin County History from the Handbook of Texas Online
Texas Counties Map. Click on the county to go to the TXGenWeb site.
- Death Index 1964 to 1998 Texas, Death Index, 1964-1998 (FamilySearch Historical Records) Name index to Texas Statewide Death Certificates or four million people who have died since 1964.
- Texas Death Records 1890 – 1976 [with images]
Name index and images of statewide death certificates, 1890-1976. The name index has been created by FamilySearch and is tied to images of the Texas death certificates. Few certificates are available prior to 1903.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- Martin County TXGenWeb site
- TXGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the county
- Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Martin County, Texas. Page 669 At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).