Marshall County, South Dakota Genealogy
|Marshall County, South Dakota|
Location in the state of South Dakota
Location of South Dakota in the U.S.
|Founded||May 2, 1885|
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places/Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
Marshall County Courthouse
Britton, SD 57430
Register of Deeds has births and death records from 1905,
marriage records from 1887, burial and land records; Clerk
Court has divorce rec from 1888, probate records from 1889
and court records
A portion of the Lake Traverse Indian Reservation is in Marshall County. The remainder of the reservation is in Roberts, Day, and Codington Counties in South Dakota and in Richland and Sargent Counties in North Dakota.
1905, 1915, 1925 State Censuses --Unique information could include: Ethnic Background, Maiden Name, Church Affiliation & Military Service
1905 state census with images can be viewed free at FamilySearch Record Search
1915 state census with images can be viewed free at FamilySearch Record Search
1925 state census with images can be viewed free at FamilySearch Record Search
1935 state census with images can be viewed free at FamilySearch Record Search
1945 state census with images can be viewed free at FamilySearch Record Search
My Grandfather lost his right arm in a farm accident in about 1929. He then ran the Drabek General Store in Hillhead for many years, while continuing to Farm. His name was Adolph Drabek. He and his wife, Mary Najmajstr are buried in St. Matthews Cemetary near Veblen.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- The Handybook for Genealogists : United States of America, 10th ed., (Draper, UT: Everton Publishers, 2002)Marshall County, South Dakota, p.626
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).