Marshall County, Kentucky Genealogy
|Marshall County, Kentucky|
Location in the state of Kentucky
Location of Kentucky in the U.S.
|Founded||February 12, 1842|
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places/Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Websites
- 7 References
1888, 1914--Disasters destroyed most records.
|Altona||Cambridge Shores||Harris Hill Ford||Possum Trot|
|Birmingham||Dogtown||Little Bear Creek||Sherwood Shores|
|Brewers||Elva||Little Cypress||South Marshall|
|Briensburg||Gilbertsville||Oak Level||The Moors|
|Buena Vista||Glade||Olive||Walnut Grove|
The following have information concerning African American research. Both should be used:
- African American Research (US) has more information about the kinds of records
- Kentucky Minorities has information specific to Kentucky African Americans.
Kentucky cemetery records often identify birth, death, relationship, and military information, as well as religious affiliation. Local volunteers through Random Acts of Genealogical Kindness may take photographs of headstones found in county cemeteries.
- Kentucky Historical Society Cemetery Search can be searched by name, place and/or date. This database has hundreds of thousands of names transcribed from gravestones across Kentucky.
- Find A Grave can be searched by the name of a person or family to find where a person is buried. Usually gives birth and death dates often with a picture of the tombstone. May give obituaries, names of family members and links to their information in Find A Grave.
- Find A Grave also gives a list of cemeteries in Marshall County and links to the information for the individuals buried there,
- Kentucky Cemeteries lists the national cemeteries in Kentucky with links to their web sites. The first link under Online Kentucky Cemeteries goes to the Kentucky section of Interment.net
- Marshall Co. KY USGenWeb Tombstone Project usually gives the names of the deceased in alphabetical order by last name with birth and death dates plus any remarks.
- The Family History Library Catalog lists some records of cemeteries in Marshall County. Some of the books or others may be on Google Books or available at public libraries.
- ePodunk list of Marshall County cemeteries gives the names of the cemeteries in the county with a link to more information such as address, phone number, and web site.
Societies and Libraries
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- Marshall County, Kentucky Genealogy and Family History (Linkpendium)
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).