Marshall County, Kansas Genealogy
From FamilySearch Wiki
Revision as of 21:53, 15 February 2012 by Greenwellk (added regiment)
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places/Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
1855--Marshall County was created 30 August 1855 as an original county. County seat: Marysville 
Early migration routes to and from Marshall County, Kansas Genealogy for European and African American settlers included:
- Men from this County enlisted in 1st Infantry Regiment, Company A and the Morris County Rangers--Cavalry, Neosho Guards--Cavalry, Clark's Creek Rangers--Cavalry, Clark's Creek Rangers--Cavalry, Neosho Rangers--Cavalry, and Council Grove Guards--Infantry.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- Marshall County, Kansas Genealogy and Family History (Linkpendium)
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
- National Park Service, "(Auto Tour Route) Maps" in Oregon National Historic Trail at http://www.nps.gov/oreg/planyourvisit/maps.htm (accessed 18 July 2011).
- National Park Service, "(Auto Tour Route) Maps" in California National Historic Trail at http://www.nps.gov/cali/planyourvisit/maps.htm (accessed 18 July 2011).
- National Park Service, "Auto Tour Route Maps" in Mormon Pioneer National Historic Trail at http://www.nps.gov/mopi/planyourvisit/maps.htm (accessed 18 July 2011).