Difference between revisions of "Marshall County, Kansas Genealogy"
|(4 intermediate revisions by 3 users not shown)|
|Line 1:||Line 1:|
''[[United States|United States]] [[Kansas]] Marshall County''
== County Courthouse ==
== County Courthouse ==
Revision as of 17:55, 1 February 2013
Marshall County, Kansas genealogy and family history research page. Guide to genealogy, history, and courthouse sources including birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, wills, deeds and land records, Civil War records, family histories, cemeteries, churches, tax records, newspapers, and obituaries.
|Marshall County, Kansas|
Location in the state of Kansas
Location of Kansas in the U.S.
|Founded||August 30, 1855|
|Address|| Marshall County Courthouse|
Marysville, Kansas 66508-1844
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places/Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
Marshall County Courthouse
Marysville, KS 66508-1844
County Clerk has birth and death records 1885-1911.
Clerk District Court has marriage records from 1800’s, divorce and probate record.
Register of Deeds has school records 1873-1964 and land records. 
1855--Marshall County was created 30 August 1855 as an original county. County seat: Marysville 
Early migration routes to and from Marshall County, Kansas Genealogy for European and African American settlers included:
- During the Civil War men from this County enlisted in 1st Kansas Infantry Regiment, Company A, 7th Regiment, Kansas Cavalry, Companies A, B and H; 13th Regiment, Kansas Infantry, Companies G and H; 2nd Regiment, Kansas Cavalry; and the 8th, 9th, 10th and 11th Kansas Regiments.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- Marshall County, Kansas Genealogy and Family History (Linkpendium)
- Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Marshall County, Kansas page 253, At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
- National Park Service, "(Auto Tour Route) Maps" in Oregon National Historic Trail at http://www.nps.gov/oreg/planyourvisit/maps.htm (accessed 18 July 2011).
- National Park Service, "(Auto Tour Route) Maps" in California National Historic Trail at http://www.nps.gov/cali/planyourvisit/maps.htm (accessed 18 July 2011).
- National Park Service, "Auto Tour Route Maps" in Mormon Pioneer National Historic Trail at http://www.nps.gov/mopi/planyourvisit/maps.htm (accessed 18 July 2011).