Marquette County, Michigan Genealogy
Guide to Marquette County Michigan genealogy. Birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, family history, and military records.
|Marquette County, Michigan|
Location of Michigan in the U.S.
|Founded||March 9, 1843|
|Address|| Marquette County Courthouse|
234 W Baraga Ave.
Marquette, MI 49855
Phone: (906) 225-8330
Marquette County Website
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places/Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
County Clerk has birth and death records from 1867,
marriage records from 1851, divorce and court records from 1852. 
1843--Marquette County was created 9 March 1843 from Chippewa and Mackinac Counties. It was attached to Chippewa and Houghton Counties prior to organization 1 December 1851. County seat: Marquette 
- Humboldt Cemetery, Champion
- Ishpeming Cemetery, Ishpeming
- Northland Chapel Gardens, Negaumee
- Republic Township Cemetery, Republic
Civil War service men from Marquette County served in various regiments. Men often joined a regiment or a company (within a regiment) that originated in their county. Listed below are the military units that were formed in or had many men from Marquette County.
- - 1st Regiment, Michigan Cavalry, Company B
- Michigan Birth Registrations, 1867-1902 -- Free name indexes and images at FamilySearch Record Search. Records include such information as name of child, birthdate and place, if still-born, illegitimate or twin, gender, race and record number.
- Michigan Marriage Registrations, 1868-1925 -- Free name indexes at FamilySearch Record Search. Records include such information as names of bride and groom, date of license, ages, race, residences, birthplaces, occupations and names of the fathers of the bride and groom.
- Michigan Death Registrations, 1867-1897-- Free name indexes and images at FamilySearch Record Search. Records include such information as name of deceased, date and place of death, gender, color, marital status, age in years, months and days, disease or apparent cause of death, birthplace, names and occupations of parents, and the date the record was made.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Marquette County, Michigan page 348, At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).