Marion County, Kentucky Genealogy
|This article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
Please review the contributor help to assist you in editing.
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places/Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Websites
- 7 References
1863--A disaster destroyed most of the records.
|Barbours Mill Pike (hist.)||Frogtown||Lower Logan (hist.)||Rush Branch|
|Beantown (hist.)||Gravel Switch||New Market||Saint Mary|
|Bradfordsville||Greenbriar||Peck Ford||Saint Rose Pike|
|Burkes Spring||Holy Cross||Penick||Salleetown|
|Calvary||Horseshoe Bend (hist.)||Phillipsburg||Whippoorwill|
|Cambron (hist.)||Jessietown||Poplar Corner|
|Cherry Run (hist.)||Lebanon||Raywick|
|Clear Creek (hist.)||Logan (hist.)||Ridge (hist.)|
Kentucky cemetery records often identify birth, death, relationship, and military information, as well as religious affiliation. Local volunteers through Random Acts of Genealogical Kindness offer to take photographs of headstones found in Bledsoe County cemeteries.
- Kentucky Historical Society Cemetery Search can be searched by name, place and/or date. This database has hundreds of thousands of names transcribed from gravestones across Kentucky.
- Find A Grave can be searched by the name of a person or family to find where a person is buried. Usually gives birth and death dates often with a picture of the tombstone. May give obituaries, names of family members and links to their information in Find A Grave.
- Find A Grave also gives a list of cemeteries in Marion County and links to the information about the people buried there,
- Kentucky Cemeteries lists the national cemeteries in Kentucky with links to their web sites.
- Marion Co. KY USGenWeb Tombstone Project usually gives the names of the deceased in alphabetical order by last name with birth and death dates plus any remarks.
- TheFamily History Library Catalog lists some records of cemeteries in Marion County. Some of the books or others may be on Google Books or available at public libraries.
- ePodunk list of Marion County cemeteries gives the names of the cemeteries in the county with a link to more information such as address, phone number, and web site.
Societies and Libraries
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- "Francis Marion," Wikipedia.
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).