Marinette County, Wisconsin Genealogy
|This article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
Please review the contributor help to assist you in editing.
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places / Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
1926 Hall Ave.
Marinette, WI 54143-1717
Places / Localities
- Middle Inlet
- Silver Cliff
- Coleman Home Page (includes history)
- Marinette (includes history)
- Peshtigo History (includes Peshtigo Fire links)
- Wausaukee Home Page (includes history)
- "Richard T. Ely and the development of the Wisconsin cutover" by Robert Gough
- "Colonizing the Cutover: Wisconsin's Progressive-Era Experiments in Rural Planning" by Susan O. Haswell and Arnold R. Alanen
Societies and Libraries
Amberg History Society
- Amberg Cemetery listing
- Searchable Museum catalog of the society's main collections, including quarrying, lumbering, and railroad artifacts; pioneer photos; veterans exhibit; and archival items such as old school records.
University of Wisconsin Digital Collections
Digital collections include:
- Standard atlas of Marinette County, Wisconsin, including a plat book of the villages... civil government; Goe. A. Ogle & Co. Publishers & Engravers, 1912
- Sectional map of Marinette County showing ownership of lands, location of churches, cemetaries, school houses, roads, rural mail routes, railroads, etc.; Eagle Printing Company, 1905
- Yearbooks and other Marinette County local history records (mostly 1920's).
Wisconsin Historical Society
Search the Wisconsin Genealogy Index, on-line index of 2.5 million birth, marriage and death records. See other collections and search strategy resources available on the Wisconsin Historical Society Genealogy page. This organization's web site was named one of the top 101 genealogy websites in 2010.
Family History Centers
- GenWeb for Marinette County
- GenWeb Archives for Marinette County
- Marinette, WI & Menominee, MI County Genealogy Site
- Marinette County Home Page
- Family History Library Catalog
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).