Maries County, Missouri Genealogy
Maries County; PO Box 205; Vienna, MO 65582; Ph. 573.422.3388 Details: (In 1859 and 1868 small tracts of land were exchanged with Phelps Co; Courthouse burned 6 Nov 1868, nearly all rec destroyed) (Clk Cir Ct has m rec from 1873, div & ct rec from 1866, land rec from 1855 & school rec from 1911; Pro Division has pro rec from 1880)
- 1 History
- 2 Places/Localities
- 3 Resources
- 4 Societies and Libraries
- 5 Web Sites
- 6 References
- See an interactive map of Maries County border changes at N2Genealogy.
To see a list of places in Maries County, click on [Show], in the bar above.
Osage County Historical Society has information on historic places from Gasconade, Maries & Osage Counties including sources and links to historic maps. Also see: Missouri Place Names, 1928-1945. (State Historical Society of Missouri)
- Maps of townships (Histopolis)
- The University of Missouri Digital Library has digital copies of Missouri county plat books (ca. 1930) for all Missouri counties including Maries County. The city of St. Louis is not included in this collection.
- Newspaperarchive.com ($) has historical newspapers available on-line. Their database has Jefferson City newspapers from the early 1900's that covered local news on residents from Maries County communities.
- Missouri State Archives provides on-line access to Missouri Death Certificates more than 50 yrs old starting in 1910.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).