Mariaville, Hancock County, Maine Genealogy
Mariaville (also known as Bingham) was first organized as a plantation in 1823. In 1825 Mariaville annexed land from Plantation No. 14 (Mariaville South, now Waltham), but returned (set off) that land again in 1829. In 1836 Mariaville Plantation was incorporated as a town. In 1850 the town of Mariaville set off land to form the town of Tilden, but reannexed that land in 1852.
Libraries and Historical Societies