Manti Utah Family History Center
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
The Manti Family History Center is located at the base of the Manti Temple.
Center Contacts and Hours
Location & Map:
- 86 East 500 North, Manti, Utah
- Access from 100 East only. There is no direct access to Highway 89. Go East on 400 N. Turn left on 100 East.
- Location on Google Map
- Sunday: 2 PM-6 PM
- Monday: 10 AM-3 PM
- Tuesday: 10 AM-8 PM
- Wednesday: 10 AM-8 PM
- Thursday: 10 AM-8 PM
- Friday: 10 AM-3 PM
- Saturday: CLOSED
Calendar and Events
Weekly Class Schedule The same class will be taught 3 times a week beginning Sunday Sept 20 Sunday: 5:00 pm Rotating: FamilySearch Tree, Legacy, General Research Tuesday: 6:00 pm Indexing and Arbitration Wednesday: 600PM FamilySearch Tree
Sept 20 Week 1 Basic Family Search and Adding Individuals Sept 27 Week 2 Sources Oct 4 Week 3 Duplicates Oct 11 Week 4 Temple Ordinance Prep Oct 18 Week 5 Bells and Whistles
Everyone is welcome!
Staff Training Meetings
Monthly on the first Tuesday at 7:00 PM or Thursday at 9:00 AM
- Sanpete County Records, early newspapers and early LDS Records.
- Aselection of DUP Lessons as well as "Women of Faith and Fortitude" and SUP record books.
- Approximatley 100 Family Histories have been donated to our center. Many of them contain records of early Manti residents.
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions, Including FamilySearch.org, Ancestry.com, Footnote, HeritageQuest, AmericanAncestors.org (formerly New England Historic Genealogical Society), World Vital Records, Godfrey Memorial Library and many other sites.
Hardware and Equipment
- 7 computers
- 2 printers, one B & W and one color. Copies are $.10 per side.
- 3 scanners.
- 3 microfilm readers and 3 microfiche readers.
Staff Research Specialties
Resources in the Local Area
The Sanpete County Court House is located 3 blocks south of our center. The Court House houses property records, vital records and misc. records from Sanpete County.
Across the street from the Court House is the Historic Manti City Hall. They have items pertaining to the early history of Manti.
The Manti Public Library has a Special Collections Room that contains misc. records from Manti City.
- FamilySearch Research Wiki: What It Can Do For You!: A comprehensive video presentation explaining the Wiki, navigating it, and some especially useful pages. Case studies demonstrate using the Wiki for genealogical research. Editing and adding articles to the Wiki are covered.