Difference between revisions of "Manteca California Family History Center"
(Address, Phone Number, Hours and Holiday Schedule)
|Line 35:||Line 35:|
=== Center Resources ===
=== Center Resources ===
Revision as of 03:05, 21 November 2011
|This Family History Center article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
Review the instructions and guidelines for FHC pages.
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
(Add a brief paragraph about your center here and the area it serves. Information in italics below is guidance for you and should be deleted as you fill out the page. Remove italics from other text by selecting the text and clicking the "I" box in the Toolbar above.)
- 1 Center Contacts and Hours
- 2 Calendar and Events
- 3 Center Resources
- 4 Center Services
- 5 Resources in the Local Area
- 6 Links
- 7 Volunteer at the Center
Center Contacts and Hours
Location & Map:
- 6060 Northland Rd, Manteca CA 95336
- The library is located on the Northeast corner of the Manteca Stake Center. When you come down Northland off of the Frontage Road, you will need to turn into the first driveway. The sign will be out if we are open.
(Link to map using Google or other map sites)
Open Hours: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday 10 am - 1 pm
Tuesday, Wednesday and Sunday evenings from 6 pm - 9 pm
Holiday Schedule: Closed Thanksgiving week and from December 19 through January 4 for Christmas holiday
Calendar and Events
Staff Training Meetings
Our staff meetings are held in the library on the first Thursday evening of the month from 7 pm to 8 pm. Library business is discussed in the first half of our meeting followed by a training session to update and introduce genealogical topics.
- Family History Library Catalog: This center has the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the Family History Library Catalog.
- (List additional collections you have such as the types of books and microfilm you have on indefinite loan; though you will not want to list every single item you have. Just give visitors to this page a general idea of your resources.)
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal: This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions. (Note to FHC: Not all FHCs have access to this portal. If you do not, you will want to remove this entire bullet. If you do have access to it, just remove this text in italics.)
Hardware and Equipment
- (Include the resources you have to help individuals do their research - computers, microfilm readers, printers, etc. )
Staff Research Specialties
Resources in the Local Area
(This section is to highlight other resources in your area that will be helpful for individuals doing research there in your location, if there are any, such as government offices, historical societies, etc.)
(Include links to other websites of interest to those who visit your center such as links to the city, county and state wiki pages where your center is located.)
Volunteer at the Center
(Include information here about the volunteers you are looking for.)