Malad County, Utah Genealogy
From FamilySearch Wiki
Revision as of 18:55, 15 August 2011 by DiltsGD (moved Malad County, Idaho to Malad County, Utah: It was a Utah Territory county created by the Utah Territory legislature "south of Oregon Territory")
Malad County, Utah Territory was created 12 January 1856  from part of Weber County. The Utah legislature discontinued Malad County 17 January 1862 and it's land was given to Box Elder County. Malad County is now extinct.
- Utah State Archives may have a few records from the Utah Territory Malad County courts and deeds.
- Some records for old Malad County, Utah Territory may have been transferred to, or may have been re-recorded in Tooele County, Utah.
- Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), 687. WorldCat entry. FHL Book 973 D274 2002.
- "Chart of County Formation in Utah" in Division of Archives and Records Service at http://archives.utah.gov/research/guides/county-formation.htm (accessed 11 August 2011).
- Deon C. Greer, Atlas of Utah (Ogden, Utah: Desert State College, 1981), 162 and 164. WorldCat entry. FHL Q Book 979.2 E7a.