Maine Population Schedule Indexes: Fiche, Film, or Book
- Ronald Vern Jackson, A.I.S. U.S. Census Indexes (on Microfiche) (Bountiful, Utah: Accelerated Indexing Systems, 1984). Also in Ancestry.com online.
- Search 1 1607-1819 Entire United States
- Search 2 1820-1829 Entire United States
- Search 3 1830-1839 Entire United States
- Search 4 1840-1849 Entire United States
- Search 5 1850-1860 Southern States
- Search 6 1850 New England and northern states
- Search 7 1850-1906 Midwestern and western states
- Search 7a 1850-1906 Entire United States (searches 5, 6, and 7 combined)
- Search 8 U.S. Mortality schedules
- For a resource guide to using them, see Accelerated Indexing Systems U.S. Census Indexes (on Microfiche).
- Raeone Christensen Steuart, United States 1790 Census Index, 3 vol. (Bountiful, Utah: Heritage Quest, 2000)[FHL Book 973 X22s 1790].
1790-1930 Online Index--All federal census records for Maine are indexed online at www.ancestry.com.
The following indexes are available at the Family History library: 1790-1850 Indexes--The Family History Library has statewide indexes for the 1790, 1800, 1810, 1820, 1830, 1840, and 1850 censuses in book and microfiche format.
1850-1870 Indexes--The library also has a partial index of some counties and some towns for the 1850, 1860, and 1870 censuses.
- Maine Census Indexes, 1850-1870. Salt Lake City, Utah: Genealogical Society of Utah, 1953. (Family History Library films 009734-8) Sorted alphabetically by town, then census year. Lists head of household and page number in census.
1880, 1900, 1920 Indexes--Soundex (phonetic) indexes are available for part of the 1880 census and all of the 1900 and 1920 censuses.
Town Indexes--Town indexes can sometimes help you find names overlooked in statewide indexes. A few town indexes are listed in the Place Search of the Family History Library Catalog under MAINE, [COUNTY], [TOWN] - CENSUS.
- Ronald Vern Jackson, Gary Ronald Teeples, David Schaefermeyer, Maine 1820 census index(Bountiful, Utah : Accelerated Indexing Systems, c1976) [&columns=*,0,0 FHL US/CAN Book 974.1 X2j 1820 index]
- Ronald Vern Jackson, Gary Ronald Teeples, David Schaefermeyer, Maine 1810 census index(Bountiful, Utah : Accelerated Indexing Systems, c1976) [FHL US/CAN Book 974.1 X2j 1810 index]
- Heritage Quest, Maine 1810 census index, A-Z (Bountiful, Utah : Heritage Quest , c2000) [FHL US/CAN Book 974.1 X22h 1810]
- Ronald Vern Jackson, Maine 1800 census index (Bountiful, Utah : Accelerated Indexing Systems, 1974) [FHL US/CAN Book 974.1 X2j 1800]
|This article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
Please review the contributor help to assist you in editing.