Mahaska County, Iowa Genealogy
From FamilySearch Wiki
Revision as of 19:36, 12 November 2008 by Copferfam
|This article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
Please review the contributor help to assist you in editing.
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places/Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
1843--Mahaska County was created 17 February 1843 from unorganized territory. It was attached to Washington County prior to organization 1 March 1844. County seat: Oskaloosa 
- A Short History of Mahaska County, Iowa from A. T. Andreas' Illustrated Historical Atlas of the State of Iowa. 1875
- Roustabout History of Mahaska County, Iowa
- The History of Mahaska County, Iowa 1878
- 200+ Biographies from "Past and Present of Mahaska County, Iowa" by Manoah Hedge 1906
- 500 Biographies from "Portrait & Biographical Album of of Mahaska County, Iowa" copyright 1887
- History of Scott Township, Mahaska County, Iowa by Robert I. Garden, c. Aug1907. Contains personal experiences in Scott TWP and in Civil War
- 1875 Plat Maps this collection contains plat maps for the Townships of Adams, Black Oak, Cedar, Des Moines, Harrison, Jefferson, Madison, Monroe, Oskaloosa, Pleasant Grove, Prairie, Richland, Scott, Union, and White Oak.
- 1895 Plat Map: Monroe Township
- 1905 Plat Maps this collection contains plat maps for the Townships of Adams, Beacon and Oskaloosa, Black Oak, Cedar, Des Moines, Garfield and Lincoln, Harrison, Madison, Monroe, Pleasant Grove, Prairie, Richland, Scott, Spring Creek, Union, and White Oak.
- 1913 Plat Maps this collection contains plat maps for most Townships.
- 1914 Plat Maps this collection contains plat maps for most Townships.
- 1920 Plat Maps this collection contains plat maps for most Townships.
Societies and Libraries
- Family History Library Catalog
- Before Time: Mahaska County links
- Keo-Mah Genealogical Society Keokuk and Mahaska Counties
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).