Madla Parish, Rogaland, Norway Genealogy
The records begin in 1671 and contain priest and sexton records from the parishes Sola (Sole), Tananger, Tjora and Madla (Malle) in Håland clerical district. Håland clerical district became Sola clerical district in 1967. These parishes were part of Stavanger (the Latin school) before 1741, and the parishes Håland, Sola and Tjora became Sola parish in 1840.
Microfilms at the Family History Library cover the years: 1671-1913. See Family History Library Catalog for full details and microfilm numbers.
- Christenings (Døbte): 1671-1900
- Introductions (Introduserte): 1671-1774, 1794-1798
- Absolutions (Absolverte): 1671-1770
- Confirmations (Konfirmerte): 1795-1900
- Banns (Lysninger): 1799-1807
- Engagements (Trolovede): 1671-1799
- Marriages (Viede): 1671-1913
- Stillborn (Dødfødte): 1803-1886
- Burials (Begravede): 1671-1892
- Vaccinations (Vaksinerte): 1828-1867
- Moving in and out (Inflyttede og Utflyttede): 1794-1812, 1816-1913
- Church census (Sjeleregister): 1758
Digital images of the church books are online at Digitalarkivet.
- 1701: The census of 1701 was taken for military purposes. It lists only the males living in rural districts who were over the age of one year. It includes the farm name, name and age of the owner, names and ages of sons and servants. Also includes the residence of all unmarried males living away from home when the census was taken.Mantallet (Census) 1701 for Stavanger Amt (Rogaland County) at Digitalarkivet.
- 1801 The 1801 census (b. 38) for Håland clerical district includes Håland, Sola, and Madla parishes. It lists the farm name, person's name, position in the household, age, marital status, and occupation. 1801-telling (census) at Digitalarkivet.
- 1865 This census contains the persons name, residence, status in the family, occupation, sex, martial status, place of birth, religion if not a member of the state church, and other miscellaneous information. Each book usually contains one clerical district (prestegjeld). In some books there are two clerical districts recorded. The parishes and school districts in each clerical district are listed at the beginning of each book. 1865-telling (census) at Digitalarkivet.
- 1875 This 1875 census contains the persons name, residence, position in the family, occupation, sex, marital status, year of birth, place of birth, religion if not a member of the state church, and other miscellaneous information.
- 1900 This census contains the persons name, sex, resident or temporary resident, temporarily absent and where person is, position in the family, marital status, occupation, year of birth, place of birth, citizenship, religion, and other miscellaneous information. 1900-telling (census) at Digitalarkivet.
- 1613-1701. The court records contain reports of civil and criminal actions, including the allodial rights, "odelssaker". You will find names, dates, places, and relationships in these records. The records have no indexes, therefore require time to study. They are excellent sources for genealogical research and at times you can find entire families through several generations. These records must be used in conjunction with the mortgage records, probate records, or other records.
- 1724-1913: These mortgage records give information about real estate, conveyances, mortgages, and other transactions of properties. Contracts, agreements, and deeds are also recorded in these books. The panteregisters are extracts of these records. Digitised Real Estate Registers at Digitalarkivet.
1666-1822: Probate records will be in the Jæren og Dalane judicial district.
1823-1896: Probate records will be in the Jæren judicial district.
1823-1896: Clerical probate records will be in the Jæren Deanery.
The probate records usually contain the date of probate, name of the deceased, names of heirs, guardians and trustees, inventory lists, land and holdings, and other miscellaneous information.
A genealogy of the people and their farms in Madla from 1600 to 1900 in Rogaland county with some history. With index by Jørg Eirik Waula.
Refheim, Sigurd, "Gard og ætt i Madla: frå ikring 1600 til først på 1900-talet, med innføring om tun og bruk, jordleige og jordeige, gamle åkrar, vegar og øydegardar," Stavanger, Norway: Utgjevar Stavanger kommune, 1981 948.31/M1 D2r 2 vols. FHL INTL Book
Waula, Jørg Eirik, "Gard og ætt i Madla personregister", Stavanger, Norway : Rogaland Historie og Ættesogelag, 1995. 948.31/M1 D2r index FHL INTL Book
39 Braadet 41 Kvernevigen 38 Lien 38 Malle 40 Myren 38 Nessal 38 Raunevolden 39 Reveim 38 Sanddal 38 Sandnes 41 Skjelbrei 41 Sunde nordre