Madison County, Ohio Genealogy
|Madison County, Ohio|
Location of Ohio in the U.S.
|Address|| Madison County Courthouse|
1 N. Main St.
London, Ohio 43140
Madison County Website
- 1 Historical Facts
- 2 Resources
- 2.1 Bible Records
- 2.2 Biography
- 2.3 Business Records and Commerce
- 2.4 Cemeteries
- 2.5 Census
- 2.6 Church Records
- 2.7 Court Records
- 2.8 Emigration and Immigration
- 2.9 Ethnic, Political, or Religious Groups
- 2.10 Gazetteers
- 2.11 Genealogy
- 2.12 History
- 2.13 Land and Property
- 2.14 Maps
- 2.15 Military
- 2.16 Naturalization and Citizenship
- 2.17 Newspapers
- 2.18 Obituaries
- 2.19 Periodicals
- 2.20 Probate
- 2.21 Public Records
- 2.22 Repositories
- 2.23 Taxation
- 2.24 Vital Records
- 3 Web Sites
- 4 Places
- 5 References
|Beginning dates for major county records|
|*For earlier dates, try... Church | Obituaries | Cemeteries|
- Parent Counties: Formed from Franklin County 16 February 1810.
- County Seat: London
- Neighboring Counties: Madison County, Ohio Genealogy residents may also have records in Union (north) · Champaign (northwest) · Fayette (south) · Pickaway (southeast) · Clark (west) · Franklin (southwest)
See an interactive map of Madison County boundary changes.
Business Records and Commerce
Emigration and Immigration
Ethnic, Political, or Religious Groups
Land and Property
- Civil War
Civil War service men from Madison County served in various regiments. Men often joined a company (within a regiment)that originated in their county. Listed below are companies that were specifically formed with men from Madison County.
Naturalization and Citizenship
Madison County Courthouse
1 N Main Street
London, OH 43140
Probate Court has birth and death records 1867-1908,
marriage and probate records from 1810 and naturalization
records; County Health Department has birth records from
1908; County Recorder has land and military records; Clerk
Court has divorce and court records
Family History Centers
Ohio Deaths, 1908-1953 Free name indexes and images at FamilySearch. Records include such information as birth date of deceased, city, county, and state of death, name of spouse if married, names of parents, maiden name of mother, name of informant, if deceased was single, married, windowed or divorced, occupation of deceased.
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), [FHL book 973 D27e 2002]. Cite error: Invalid
<ref>tag; name "HBG" defined multiple times with different content
- Wikipedia contributors, "Madison County, Ohio" in Wikipedia: the Free Encyclopedia at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Madison_County,_Ohio (accessed 10 May 2012).