Madera California Family History Center
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
Center Contacts and Hours
- 2112 Sunset Avenue, Madera, CA, 93637 United States
- Family History Center entrance is at the northeast door.
- If the doors are locked please ring the door bell located on the brick wall to the left.
- Tuesday: 7:00PM-8:30PM (Spanish)
- Wednesday:10:00AM-1:00PM (English)
- Wednesday: 7:00PM-8:30PM (English)
- Please make an appointment for any other time not listed by sending an email to email@example.com
Holiday Schedule: Closed on Federal Holidays and other major holidays.
Closed the week of Thanksgiving Day.
Closed the week of Christmas Day.
Closed the week of New Years Day.
Calendar and Events
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions; including:
Hardware and Equipment
- Computers, Printer, Scanner, Photo-copy
- One on one training is available to learn how to use FamilySearch Family Tree.
- FamilySearch Indexing assistance
Resources in the Local Area
- FamilySearch Research Wiki: What It Can Do For You!: A comprehensive video presentation explaining the Wiki, navigating it, and some especially useful pages. Case studies demonstrate using the Wiki for genealogical research. Editing and adding articles to the Wiki are covered.