Difference between revisions of "Lyon County, Minnesota Genealogy"
|Line 1:||Line 1:|
''[[United States]] [[Image:Gotoarrow.png]] [[Minnesota]] [[Image:Gotoarrow.png]]'' '''Lyon County'''
''[[United States]] [[Image:Gotoarrow.png]] [[Minnesota]] [[Image:Gotoarrow.png]]''
'''Lyon County '''
Revision as of 03:52, 12 April 2013
Guide to Lyon County Minnesota genealogy. Birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, family history, and military records.
|Lyon County, Minnesota|
Location in the state of Minnesota
Location of Minnesota in the U.S.
|Founded||November 2, 1869|
|Address|| Lyon County Courthouse|
607 W Main
Marshall, MN 56258-3021
Lyon County Website
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places/Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
Clerk District Court has birth and death records from 1874,
marriage records from 1872, divorce, probate and court records from 1880.
County Recorder has land records. 
- 1869--Lyon County was created 2 November 1869 from Redwood County. County seat: Marshall 
- For a brief history of how Lyon County was named, click here, then select Lyon County.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Lyon County, Minnesota page 365, At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).