Lyman County, South Dakota Genealogy
|Lyman County, South Dakota|
Location in the state of South Dakota
Location of South Dakota in the U.S.
|Founded||January 8, 1873|
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places/Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
Lyman County; PO Box 235; Kennebec, SD 57544; Ph. 605.869.2277 Details: (Attached to Brule Co prior to organization 21 May 1893) (Reg of Deeds has b rec from 1905, d rec from 1920, bur & land rec; Co Treas has m rec from 1905; Clk Ct has div, pro & ct rec from 1880)
- 1873--Lyman County was created 8 January 1873 from Gregory County and unorganized territory.
County seat: Kennebec 
The Lower Brule Indian Reservation is located in Lyman County.
1905, 1915, 1925 State Censuses --Unique information could include: Ethnic Background, Maiden Name, Church Affiliation & Military Service
1905 state census with images can be viewed free at FamilySearch Record Search
1915 state census with images can be viewed free at FamilySearch Record Search
1925 state census with images can be viewed free at FamilySearch Record Search
1935 state census with images can be viewed free at FamilySearch Record Search
1945 state census with images can be viewed free at Record Search
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).