Lucas County, Ohio Genealogy
|Lucas County, Ohio|
Location of Ohio in the U.S.
- 1 Historical Facts
- 2 History
- 3 Places/Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
|Beginning dates for major county records|
|*For earlier dates, try... Church | Obituaries | Cemeteries|
- Parent Counties: Formed from Wood and Sandusky Counties in 1835.
- County Seat: Toledo
- Neighboring Counties: Lucas County, Ohio Genealogy residents may also have records in Monroe County, Michigan (north) · Lenawee County, Michigan (northwest) · Wood (south) · Ottawa (southeast) · Fulton (west) · Henry (southwest)
See an interactive map of Lucas County boundary changes.
- Joy Cemetery, Ottawa Hills BillionGraves
LDS Ward and Branch Records
Fold3 ($) has Toledo City Directories 1864-1923 (3 yrs. missing) available online.
Ethnic, Political, or Religious Groups
Archives, Libraries, and Museums
Civil War service men from Lucas County served in various regiments. Men often joined a company (within a regiment) that originated in their county. Listed below are companies that were specifically formed in Lucas County.
- - 1st Regiment, Michigan Cavalry, Company E
- - 100th Regiment, Ohio Infantry
- - 111th Regiment, Ohio Infantry, Companies E and H
- Toledo Blade, March 1869 - December 2007 - more than 24,000 issues digitized in the Google News Archive.
Ohio Deaths, 1908-1953 Free name indexes and images at FamilySearch.org. Records include such information as birth date of deceased, city, county, and state of death, name of spouse if married, names of parents, maiden name of mother, name of informant, if deceased was single, married, windowed or divorced, occupation of deceased.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- Wikipedia contributors, "Mahoning County, Ohio" in Wikipedia: the Free Encyclopedia at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mahoning_County,_Ohio (accessed 10 May 2012).
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).