Loving County, Texas Genealogy
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places / Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
Loving County was created 26 February 1887 from Tom Green County, a new county that had been created in 1874, but was still attached to Reeves County for judicial purposes. In 1893, Loving County was organized and a new town, Mentone (12 miles north of present-day Mentone), selected as the county seat. Construction began on a courthouse, although it was never finished. Loving County was deorganized on 12 May 1897, and reattached to Reeves county. Loving County was reorganized in 1931, and the town of Ramsey (renamed Mentone) selected as the county seat. 
Places / Localities
No cemeteries are located in Loving County.
Loving County History from the Handbook of Texas Online.
Texas Counties Map. Click on the county to go to the TXGenWeb site.
- Texas Death Index 1964 to 1998 [no images] Name index to Texas Statewide Death Certificates or four million people who have died since 1964.
- Texas Death Records 1890 – 1976 [with images]
Name index and images of statewide death certificates, 1890-1976. The name index has been created by FamilySearch and is tied to images of the Texas death certificates. Few certificates are available prior to 1903.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- TXGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the county
- Handbook of Texas Online: Loving County http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hcl13
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).