Lovell Wyoming Family History Center
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
The Lovell Wyoming Family History Center serves the area communities of Byron, Cowley, Deaver, Frannie, Lovell and other towns in the Big Horn Basin area. Everyone is welcome to use this family search facility. Visitors traveling thru the area often stop for help too!
Location & Map:
Lovell Wyoming Stake Meeting House
50 West Main Street
You can enter the FHC via the alley behind the Church. There is a large parking lot in this area. The FHC sign is on the glass exit doors, press the bell on the left for us to open the door.
Google Map Link Lovell Wyoming Family History Center
Sunday 6 to 9pm
Tuesday 6 to 9pm
Wednesday 10am to 4pm and 7pm to 9pm
Closed on all National Holidays
Calendar and Events
We offer over 300 free online classes covering every aspect of family history. Please let us know what you would like to be trained on!
Staff Training Meetings
<fck:hr> The second Wednesday of each month, 6-7pm
- Family History Library Catalog: This center has the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the Family History Library Catalog.
- Our library has alot of local area info from the pioneer families settling in the Big Horn Basin area.There are local and Wyoming histories, funeral programs going back over 50 years, local church records and cemetary listings.
- On permanent loan from the Family History Library in SLC are over 700 rolls of microfilm and several thousand micro fiche. Many times what you may want to order is already in our center.
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal: This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions. Such as Ancestry.com, Heritage Quest, Fold3, Findmypast.com, etc.
Hardware and Equipment
- There are 7 flat screen computer work stations with high speed internet service for patron use. These are connected to two Lexmark laser printers for your printing needs. A Canon laser copier is available in the center too. For those using micro film or fiche in the library two NMI 2020 microfilm readers are set up as well as a Micro Design fiche reader. When copies are needed of a film or fiche the Canon Microfilm Scanner 300 does the job. There is also ample table space for several personal laptop computers to be used with the high speed WIFI system in the center.
Staff Research Specialties
Resources in the Local Area
(This section is to highlight other resources in your area that will be helpful for individuals doing research there in your location, if there are any, such as government offices, historical societies, etc.) <fck:hr>
Volunteer at the Center
(Include information here about the volunteers you are looking for.) </fck:hr></fck:hr></fck:hr></fck:hr></fck:hr></fck:hr>