Los Alamos New Mexico Family History Center
|This Family History Center article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
Review the instructions and guidelines for FHC pages.
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
The Los Alamos Family History Center is a genealogical library located at the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints in Los Alamos, New Mexico. It is open for use by patrons from or visiting Los Alamos. It includes 5 internet-connected computers, free Ancestry.com and other subscription genealogical sites searches, microfilm viewing and help with your genealogy. A similar Family History Center is located in near-by White Rock, New Mexico.
- 1 Center Contacts and Hours
- 2 Calendar and Events
- 3 Center Resources
- 4 Center Services
- 5 Resources in the Local Area
- 6 Links
- 7 Volunteer at the Center
Center Contacts and Hours
Location & Map:
- 1967 18th Street, Los Alamos, New Mexico
- To visit the Los Alamos Family History Center, as you enter the town going west on Trinity Drive (Highway 502), turn right (north) on 15th Street, then left on North Sage Street, and dirve a block into the Church parking lot. Park to the left (south) end of the building, and access the Family History Center via the south door. There is handicap parking and a wheelchair ramp, with one step at the door, to access the building.
Phone: 505-662-3186 during Family History Center hours of operation.
Open Hours: Tuesday 9-12am and 7-9pm; Wednesdays 7-9pm. May open other hours on request.
Holiday Schedule: Closed Christmas week.
Calendar and Events
Staff Training Meetings
- Family History Library Catalog: This center has the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the Family History Library Catalog.
- A modest collection of genealogical books is housed in the Center, including works such as "Origins of New Mexico Families" by Fray Angelico Chavez.
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions. (Note to FHC: Not all FHCs have access to this portal. If you do not, you will want to remove this entire bullet. If you do have access to it, just remove this text in italics.)
Hardware and Equipment
- (Include the resources you have to help individuals do their research - computers, microfilm readers, printers, etc. )
Staff Research Specialties
Microfilm ordering, viewing and copying assistance; Starting or using free cloud (internet) family trees, including Ancestry.com and FamilyTree.
Resources in the Local Area
Mesa Public Library, Los Alamos, New Mexico
Volunteer at the Center
Community volunteers welcome, see the Center Director to discuss duties.