Foyle Northern Ireland Family History Centre
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Centre, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
(Add a brief paragraph about your center here and the area it serves. Information in italics below is guidance for you and should be deleted as you fill out the page. Remove italics from other text by selecting the text and clicking the "I" box in the Toolbar above.)
- 1 Center Contacts and Hours
- 2 Calendar and Events
- 3 Center Resources
- 4 Center Services
- 5 Resources in the Local Area
- 6 Links
- 7 Volunteer at the Center
Center Contacts and Hours
Location & Map:
- Address: Racecourse Road, Londonderry, BT48 7RA, Northern Ireland
- (Include information about your center that would be helpful for first time visitors such which entrance in the building to use, parking, etc. Use as many or as few bullet points as needed.)
- Location on Map
Phone Chapel: +44 28 71-350179
Phone Mobile: +44 754 393-7488
Skype ID: derryfamilyhistorycentre
- Monday: 10am to 3pm
- Thursday: 7pm to 9pm
- Friday: 10am to 3pm
Calendar and Events
Staff Training Meetings
- Family History Library Catalog: This center has the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the Family History Library Catalog.
- (List additional collections you have such as the types of books and microfilm you have on indefinite loan; though you will not want to list every single item you have. Just give visitors to this page a general idea of your resources.)
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal: This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
Hardware and Equipment
- 6 Microfilm Readers
- 4 Computers which have free access to subscription based Internet web sites such as worldwide access to ancestry.com, findmypast.co.uk, world vital records, British newspapers online which include 'The Newsletter' and old Belfast newspapers dating back to 1800.
- Lasjet & Inkjet colour printers, copiers, scanners and fax machine.
- Webcam to take and print or email pictures of microfilm records.
- 6 Microfilm Readers
Staff Research Specialties
Resources in the Local Area
(This section is to highlight other resources in your area that will be helpful for individuals doing research there in your location, if there are any, such as government offices, historical societies, etc.)
(Include links to other websites of interest to those who visit your center such as links to the city, county and state wiki pages where your center is located.)
Volunteer at the Center
(Include information here about the volunteers you are looking for.)