Lodi California Family History Center
|This Family History Center article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
Review the instructions and guidelines for FHC pages.
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
The Lodi California Family History Center is located in San Joaquin County, California, north of Stockton.
Center Contacts and Hours
Location & Map:
- 731 North Ham Lane, Lodi, CA 95240 (Google Maps)
- Parking is accessible from Daisy Avenue, on the church's west side. Please ring the doorbell if the door from the parking lot is locked.
Phone: (209) 369-4148
Open Hours: Monday 10am-5pm, Tuesday 10am-5pm and 7-9pm; Wednesday 7-9 pm; Thursday 10am-5pm and 7-9pm, Saturday 9am-12noon
Calendar and Events
Class Schedule: Please call 209-369-4148 to reserve a space in classes.
Tuesday, October 11 from 10am-12noon: Using timelines (off-site with Calaveras Genealogical Society. Call for details.)
Wednesday, October 19 at 1 pm: Introduction to land records
Wednesday, November 2 at 1 pm: Military records
Tuesday, November 15 at 2 pm: Military records (off-site with Tuolumne County Genealogical Society. Call for details.)
Staff Training Meetings
Staff meetings are generally held the first Friday of every month at 6:30 pm.
- Family History Library Catalog: This center receives any of the films and fiche available through the Family History Library Catalog.
- For Lodi's large German from Russia population, the Lodi center has a number of resources relevant to that community, such as the 81 microfilm set of the Saint Petersburg Lutheran Consistory parish records. Dictionaries, gazetteers, and other books relevant to a variety of locations are also available.
- An index of births, deaths, marriages extracted from the Lodi News-Sentinel from 1881-2005, and from the Valley Review, a defunct newspaper.
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal: This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
- Genealogy Bank offers collections of digital images of newspapers.
- New England Historic Genealogical Society web site.
- AniMap displays and prints changing county and state boundaries over time.
- DeedMapper plots maps from metes and bounds descriptions in land records.
- Photoshop Elements enhances readability of old documents and restores family photos.
- Installed pedigree software includes PAF, Legacy, RootsMagic, and Family Insight.
Hardware and Equipment
- Approximately ten computers are available for patrons.
- Use of the 14" scanner and other equipment is free. Printouts or making copies cost ten cents a page.
- There are three microfilm readers, three microfiche readers, and a film/fiche reader printer for which the charge is 25 cents a page.