Llanpenal, Cardiganshire Genealogy
Alternate name for Blaenpennal. "BLAEN-PENAL, a chapelry in the parish of LLANDEWY-BREVI , lower division of the hundred of PENARTH, county of CARDIGAN, SOUTH WALES, 10 1/2 miles (N. by E.) from Lampeter, containing 543 inhabitants. It is situated at the extremity of the beautiful vale of Aëron which river rises from a mountain near the village, in which and the surrounding district are several pleasing and ornamental residences. The living is a perpetual curacy, in the archdeaconry of Cardigan, and diocese of St.David's, endowed with £800 royal bounty, and £200 parliamentary grant, and in the patronage of the Perpetual Curate of Llandewy-Brevi. The chapel is dedicated to St. David. There is a place of worship for Calvinistic Methodists. This chapelry separately supports its own poor : the average annual expenditure is £82.4." [From Samuel Lewis's A Topographical Dictionary of Wales 1833] For further information see Blaenpennal, Cardiganshire at genuki.org.uk
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library.