Llannor, Gwynedd, Wales Genealogy

From FamilySearch Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search
Wales
Gwynedd
Parishes of Historic Caernarfonshire
Llannor


History

"LLANOR, a parish chiefly in the hundred of Dinllaen, but partly in that of Gaflogion, in the Lleyn division of the county of Carnarvon, 2 miles (N.W.) from Pwllheli, containing 1137 inhabitants, This parish, which iis very extensive is situated in the south-western portion of the county and nearly in the centre of the great promontory which separates Cardigan bay from the bay of Carnarvon. The village, which is small, is beautifully situated near the junction of two small streams, in a fne and extensive plain, open to the sea on one side and sheltered on the other by a range of montains... The church, dedicated to the Holy Cross, is a long edifice in the later style of English architecture... There are places of worship for Independents and Calvinistic Methodists. [A Topographical Dictionary of Wales, 1833, Samuel Lewis]

Records

Civil Registration

Church Records

Census Records

Probate Records

Maps and Gazetteers

Websites