Llanfair-yng-Nghornwy, Anglesey, Wales Genealogy
History[edit | edit source]
LLANVAIR-YNGHORNWY (LLAN-FAIR-YN-NGHORNWY), a parish, in the hundred of Tàlybolion, union and county of Anglesey, in North Wales, 8 miles (N. W.) from Llanerchymedd. This parish, which is of small extent, is situated at the northwestern extremity of Anglesey, near Cemlyn bay, and almost directly opposite to the Isle of Skerries; the name in Welsh implying "Saint Mary's in the promontory." The church, dedicated to St. Mary, is a spacious structure, partly in the Norman style, with a lofty square tower of rude architecture at the west end. There are one or two places of worship for dissenters, and two Sunday schools, one of which is in connexion with the Established Church, and the other supported by the Calvinistic Methodists.
LLANFAIRYNGHORNWY, a parochial chapelry in the hundred of Tal-y-Bolion, county Anglesey, 7 miles N.W. of Llanerchymedd, and 8 N.E. of Holyhead. For more information see:
Records[edit | edit source]
Civil Registration[edit | edit source]
Church Records[edit | edit source]
Census Records[edit | edit source]
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library.
Probate Records[edit | edit source]
Maps and Gazetteers[edit | edit source]
Websites[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- Lewis, Samuel A., A Topographical Dictionary of Wales (1846). Adapted. Date accessed: 22 Aug 2014.