Llanfair-yn-y-cwmwd, Anglesey, Wales Genealogy
History[edit | edit source]
LLANVAIR-Y-CWMMWD (LLAN-FAIR-YN-Y-CWMMWD), a chapelry, in the parish of Llanidan, union of Carnarvon, hundred of Menai, county of Anglesey, North Wales, 4 miles (N. W. by N.) from Carnarvon. This place is situated near the right bank of the river Braint.. The chapel, dedicated to the Virgin Mary, is probably of the sixteenth century, but the materials of its walls may have been worked up from the remains of an older building.
Records[edit | edit source]
Civil Registration[edit | edit source]
Church Records[edit | edit source]
Census Records[edit | edit source]
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library.
Probate Records[edit | edit source]
Maps and Gazetteers[edit | edit source]
Websites[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- Lewis, Samuel A., A Topographical Dictionary of Wales (1846). Adapted. Date accessed: 22 Aug 2014.